Monday, August 26, 2013

Sally's Bruschetta

My friend Sally brought this bruschetta for a group potluck dinner a few weeks back and I think I dreamed about it that night.  Sally lived in Italy for a few months and picked up some good cooking skills while she was there.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

Olive oil
French baguette (I used white but would prefer to use wheat if they have it at the store)
Carton of roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 of a red onion, diced
Basil, chopped
Goat cheese
Salt&Pepper
Cast of ingredients
 

The first step is key (and the secret, Sally said).  Toast your bread slices in olive oil. Trust me.
 

Trust me.
 

Slice up the tomatoes (the time consuming part).
 

Dice up the onion. I think I'm unusually sensitive to chopping onions.  I need to get goggles because I typically have to leave the room 3 times to go rinse my eyes out.
 

Combine tomatoes and red onions.

Add your chopped basil.
 

Now just spread the goat cheese and tomato mixture on top! 

If you are just making this for yourself, put most of the tomato mixture in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.  Then, toast the baguette piece and cover with cheese and tomatoes.  If you are making for a group, go ahead and spread it all and get ready for compliments! LFT





 

No comments :

Post a Comment